**Kunitsu-Gammi: Path of the Goddess - A Mind-Blowing Blend of Action & Strategy 🤯

Kunitsu-Gammi: Path Of The Goddess** When I first saw the **Kunitsu-Gammi: Path of the Goddess'** reveal trailer last year, the gameplay made it seem like Capcom was returning to the hack-n-slash action of Onimusha 💪. The style of the trailer was rooted in a fantastical and monstrous Sengoku Japan setting, and a masked hero, armed with a sword, slashed through mobs of grotesque beasts 🐲. There wasn't much need to decipher it beyond that--it was an old-fashioned brawler from a developer that has done plenty of them in the past 🔥. Now that I've had hands-on time with the game, I find that my initial assumption from a year ago--while not entirely wrong 💔--was only half right 🤔. **Kunitsu-Gammi: Path of the Goddess** is more than a return to a tried-and-true genre, and is instead shaping up to be an all-new twist on two genres I love 💖. To explain **Kunitsu-Gammi: Path of the Goddess** at its most basic level, it's half tower defense-style strategy game 🏰 and half hack-n-slash ⚔️, in which both operate in real-time, complementing one another in novel ways 🔮. As Soh, you must guide the goddess Yoshiro through Japanese villages that have been defiled by a demonic-like presence 👿. In order to rid the land of evil, Yoshiro must cleanse the village's Torii gates 🏛️, from which Seethes--grotesque and terrifying monsters 💀--emerge in an attempt to stop the goddess from purifying the land 💪. Each level operates in a day-and-night cycle ☀️. During the day, you'll gather resources 💸 and purge villagers who are imprisoned in ghastly cocoons 🕷️, who will in return join your party to fight alongside you 👫. When night comes ⛅️, battle commences as Seethes pour from the Torii gates 🔥, and you must protect Yoshiro at all costs 💯. As my first night pushed on ⏰, I stood guard at the Torii gate 🏛️ as mobs of monsters emerged 👻. I used a series of combos to dance between beasts 💃, cutting them down and gathering crystals (the game's main resource) 💎. With the press of a button 🔹, I was able to pause my game ⏸️ and reposition some of my villagers 🤝 to better guard paths on either side of the helpless Yoshiro 👀, preventing my enemies from flanking her 🔒. Moving back and forth ⬅️, I would change my strategy 📊, sometimes assigning roles to the villagers to take on a more defensive position 🔴, then re-enter real-time combat 💥 to whale on monsters using an array of light attacks ending with a heavy blow 💪. Continue Reading at GameSpot 👉 [GameSpot Link] #KunitsuGammi #PathOfTheGoddess #TowerDefense #HackNSlash #GameReview #Gamespot

0 Comments